Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Moving The Dead

Good things are coming.
The dead tree that has stood by my front door
is finally being cut down
after many many phone battles with the electric company.
Jupiter,
my adopted dog,
got a home with a family and another dog for a playmate
and, I’d like to believe, a much better life than the one I could give him now.
I’m selling my house to a couple I like,
who doesn’t have a realtor.
My parents are getting an apartment in town
and I’m getting donations no one thought I could get
for Nashville Humane and Metro Animal Control.
I feel a shift.
I wasn’t expecting the tree to come down.
Last I was told,
they said they weren’t going to do it.
Then these two men showed up this morning
with their chipper and chainsaws and started taking it down.
I take it as a sign
that anything is possible.
Just when you’ve given up all hope,
you can open your front door
and everything dead
can be taken away.

No comments: