Monday, April 06, 2009

Valley Of Truth

All the pink and purple
gathering in the dark.
My stomach, a twisted rag
wanting release.
My eyes, two worn sockets,
dark and devoid of color.
The back of my head aches,
as if it had been hit by a baseball bat.
Where did all this grey come from?
The sky a thick blanket covering me,
drowning me over and over again.
I reach out for you,
because I am scared to reach out
for myself.
There is no consolation in your arms,
or voice
but still I call.
When will I learn there is only me?
Robins chase small black-headed birds away from the fence
while male cardinals jump upon their helpless mates
insuring offspring.
Where is the answer in emptiness?
Is it below the valley of truth?
This is my shadow,
my vision,
my world.
To walk alone
and not listen to any voice
but my own.

No comments: