Saturday, April 11, 2009

Christian Acts

I don’t know where I’m starting
or where I might end.
My legs are up on my desk
aching
from yoga and running
and walking around the track.
Today, I sampled myself sick
with Easter cupcakes,
English cheese and pizza
at the record store.
Now the healthy glow I had,
from my morning of exercise,
has faded into a yeasty brain fog.
My eyes have sunken and my skin,
just like Cinderella’s coach at the stroke of midnight,
has returned to its former state.
I don’t know where I’m going,
dust following the words
down the page
while the snow falls.
Tomorrow is Easter
and I still am not a Christian,
much to my mother’s sadness.
But I am a good person.
I celebrate love and peace
and kindness,
and I got a Honey Baked Ham
delivered to her for Sunday.
That must count for something.

No comments: