Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wednesday, Yes

Wednesday
Yes
Tomorrow
Is
I will be
Older
And then there will be
Thursday.
Can you Imagine?
Where do we go
to get out
of the
rabbit
hole?
Two college graduates.
Two girls with masters and M.D.’s
How could it be
that our lives
have turned out
so.
You, in foreclosure.
Me, without any prospects.
We turned left
when we should have turned
right.
Woke up
one hour
too late
for too many years.
Ate the large bag of potato chips
instead of the fruit salad.
Is it so?
Is it so?
I want to forget.
Houston,
the closet,
the mud flying
in my mouth.
I want to sink down
into quiet
like a hot bath
and drop everything
that has ever hurt me
Watch it
run
down
the drain.
I want to know
how much of it is
truth
and how much
just
a
broken
groove
I let my mind spin
in
over and over
I want to be free
as the butterfly
outside my window.
Stopping at pink
and red
and yellow.
I want to stop wondering
What if?
What if?
What if?
And just fly.

No comments: