Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Just Like That

This time I got him out.
Not because I was kind or pleading
or wanted to help him.
This time I went out there like I was going to kill
the little Mother Fucker
and he knew it.
He had been there all day and all night,
hopping on the window ledge
and on my books and on the rug in the garage.
Hopping and pooping.
Chirping and pooping.
Pooping and pooping.
When I went out there to catch him and set him free,
he fluttered and hopped out of my reach.
I worried about him.
What would he do for food?
For water?
I thought he might die in there
if he didn’t get out soon.
He was such a moron.
It’s no wonder they came up with the term “bird brain”.
This morning he was facing the right direction to get out,
but still wouldn’t go.
Now I was mad.
What more did he need?
All that chirping and pooping.
I screamed at him “Go”
but he wouldn’t.
It was as if he didn’t want to go.
Well, I had had enough.
I was not going to spend another day worrying
about him.
So I stormed out the back door and into the garage
like I was going to catch him and cook him for lunch.
And he left.
Just like that.

No comments: