Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Rice and Beans

I don’t want to worry about beans
Or rice
Or my laundry
Or the floors
Or if Trouble threw up
Or the tile around my stove
Or the wobbly toilet
Or the leaky faucet
Or my sixteen year old car with the non existent shocks
Or what I’m going to make for dinner
Or who’s the “biggest loser”
Or how Madonna survived twenty years
Or why Brad left Jennifer
Or if I’ll ever get married
Or why my father won’t get a hearing aid
Or if my mother will sell her house
Or why my sister dates thousands of men
Or how my record is selling
Or if this pain in my neck is ever going to go away
Or if I accomplished enough today
Or how much money I should be making
Or why the man on the treadmill yelled at me.
I don’t want to worry about any of it.
I just want to sit down with myself
and meditate,
and relax in to the part of myself
that knows
the only
thing
that matters
is where I am
and whether or not
God is with me.

No comments: