Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Leonard


Perhaps Leonard can bring me out of it.
Visit me with stories of orange and green,
flowers on the walls,
and pictures of children
with sad, lopsided faces.
A church on the hill,
empty and forgotten,
ringing its bell,
assuring me that
I am
still
here.
Perhaps he could hold my hand
and sing to me
in his deep
New-York-City voice.
Urge me out among the broken glass
and condoms,
and into that dark Chinatown restaurant
with the soup dumplings.
He’s done it before.
Taken me.
Pushed me into beauty
I never knew existed.
Made me feel,
with the flick of a poet’s tongue.
If only the needle
were near me now.
I would set him loose
upon me. 
                                                     

1 comment:

tofupuppy said...

We have a friend in common...how many times has dear Leonard coerced me out into a world where ugliness and beauty are entwined? That dim light shining in the cracks we huddle in, casting it's spell, low and blessed somewhere between earth and sky. These waltzes that seemed to wake me up into a trance. It feels like a sacred secret that is shared amongst a quiet and softly alive community.