Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ride

What are we doing?
What are we doing with our days?
Throwing ourselves into the traps of others.
Alcoholics and dead end relationships.
Spending hour after hour contemplating another.
Perfectly talented people accomplishing nothing with their lives.
Rather than explore themselves,
they are busy following their neurosis
into the gutters of stupidity.
Then they wonder how they got there.
I know,
I have been there too.
Hour after endless hour,
lost,
unable to feel myself,
unable to know which way is up.
What a sad sad existence.
The talented not satisfied
merely to create
art.
No,
that would be too easy.
What challenge is there in that?
We have to fuck it up.
We have to go down the hole of Hell
and serve the God of darkness.
Then only then,
do we feel we are alive.
It takes a brave soul to say,
“enough”, and reach for a different hand to hold.
My mind spins round like a carousel
and my hand reaches out for the colorful streamers
of family,
love,
and fear.
But I must not touch them.
I must hold on to the reigns
till the spinning stops.
I must stay on to my ride
and let the animal inside guide me.
I must be content with the steady up and down
knowing that when it finally stops
I will have gotten to where I am supposed to be.

No comments: