Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Waiting For Dave

I hate waiting for people.
I don’t mean standing in line for a bathroom
kind of waiting.
I mean waiting for people who say they are coming
to your house
to say, fix a door,
but then never show,
or if they do show,
they show up three hours later than they said they would.
It’s unnerving.
I mean,
don’t these people care?
Like the guy who’s helping me with my closet floor.
He seems really nice.
He said to call him if there’s a problem
and now that there’s a problem,
he doesn’t call back.
And the two times he’s said he was coming,
he doesn’t show.
What’s the deal?
He was so amazing and now the whole encounter
has turned into a bad date.
It’s not like I gave him a venereal disease
Or had food in my teeth when I was talking to him.
I even paid him more than what he asked for.
I’ve called his cell phone seven times.
(I’ve used call blocker to see if he would answer).
I’ve even called the office
that referred him to me and asked them to call him for me.
Still nothing.
No call.
I don’t get it.
Why would someone be so nice one minute
and completely different the next?
Has he inhaled too much polyurethane?
Or is he so busy he just doesn’t need to care?
Maybe he enjoys making women wait.
I don’t know
and I don’t care.
I just want my floor fixed.

No comments: