Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I have already broken them.
I vowed I would stop eating sugar
but on Jan 1 I found myself at the Target
grabbing the Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses that had been marked down 75%
and throwing them into my basket.
I ate two before I gave them away this morning when I went to the gym.
I swore I wanted to lose weight,
but I stuffed myself like a zoo animal at the Indian Buffet today.
It’s been five hours since I last ate and I’m still not hungry.
I vowed I would start spending more time with myself
and go to Radnor Lake and walk.
But when I got there,
my ears were cold and I left after being there just ten minutes.
I vowed I would look for a job,
but every time I search
I get a nauseous feeling in my stomach
like I am veering off my path
and becoming someone other than who I am meant to be.
I vowed I would meditate every morning
but this morning I slept past seven
and barely got to stretch class in time
much less any meditation.
So far,
I don’t know why I bothered to make any resolutions at all.
Oh yeah,
I almost forgot,
I vowed I was going to be less judgmental.

No comments: