Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Here Goes, Jack


O.k.
So here goes,
Jack.
I know you’ve heard it before
and I’m sorry.
Really I am.
But I have to,
you see.
I have to
just one more time.
Now,
don’t try and stop me
because it’s coming,
it’s squirting out of me like
a grapefruit,
all fleshy and sweet
and juicy.
And that spoon,
the one with the jagged edges
is digging it out of me.
There’s nothing I can do to stop it,
even if I wanted to.
But I don’t want to.
It’s gonna come.
Make no mistake.
It’s coming.
And when it does come,
it will be bigger than anything
that’s ever come before.
O.k.
Get ready.
AHHHH!
There.
You see.
There,
on the ground.
Writhing and wriggling,
and shaking
all perfectly jelly-like.
It’s out.
Out in the open now.
Right there.
Right in the middle of the room
ready for everyone to see.
There’s no mistaking it.
You can’t look away.
It’s right there.
And I’m not taking it back.
No way.
No how.
I’ve held it in long enough
and I’m not going to hold it in any longer.
It’s staying.
Right where it is.
It’s your turn now.
Or yours.
Or yours.
It doesn’t matter to me
because
I’m free of it.
I’m done.
I told you.
I told you it was coming.
 

No comments: