Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Forever Yours


Were my lips yours,
I would kiss them
all summer long
against the rain
and the sun
like a dance with no end
and no beginning.
Were my eyes yours,
I would open them,
and see
Heaven
out my back door.
The roses in bloom,
perfectly alive,
like newborn babies
unblemished and pure,
forever soft to the touch.
Were my ears yours,
I would hear the sweetest of notes.
The lark drunk with sound,
making his way to sorrow
to nurse his forgotten wounds.
The boulevard of plums
bursting and ripe,
waiting to fall.
It is not madness to believe such things.
To feel so close
to another,
your heart beats as theirs,
your arms,
your hands,
your legs.
Thoughts kicking in twilight
against the backdrop of your face,
a soft wing beating
in my hand.
Forever yours, 
I am.

No comments: