Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Empty

Tell me that it will all be o.k.,
that I will wake up from this so-called life
and find the door out.
I won’t tell you of my trials as a child,
or how God created love and suicide.
Or why the professor’s dog runs
and scratches
sucking at beer cans and bitches.
I suppose in two or three days
it will be different.
I will mail myself a letter
and leave out the pages,
just an empty envelope
will arrive in my box.
I will dump it out over and over again
onto my blue sofa,
attempting to solve its emptiness,
just as I have attempted to solve my own.

1 comment:

john pegg said...

Hi Diana, these writings are what i love about you the most of all, you sure are the queen of morbid. no one else comes near . it may seem bizarre , but i remain calm and comfortable reading them .
when are we going to get your new recording ,and maybe a concert or two, in England even ???
Am so looking forward to the new CD/LP.

all the best,