Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This One And That One

I think about why
some of them
are still available.
This one’s feet are too big.
That one has a funny nose.
That one won’t be big enough.
This one sheds too much.
That one isn’t cute enough.
This one doesn’t know how to “sit”
or “stand” or “roll over”
when told.
This one looks mean
because he has small eyes.
That one has too big of a head for his body.
This one likes to chew shoes.
That one smells funny and has bad breath.
This one is really timid
and stays away from human touch.
That one doesn’t know how to fetch.
Or thinks gardens are for digging.
All I know is
This one and That one like their belly rubbed.
And This one and That one
deserve love,
no matter how ugly,
stinky, lazy, stupid or lame.
If I could,
I would take all of them home
with me,
This one and That one.

No comments: