Friday, December 05, 2008

Naked Christmas

In the dream
I am naked
trying on hose
for two men,
one my lover,
the other his friend.
Black hose pulled
over red.
A short wool skirt
and high heels with straps wrapped around my ankles
like Grecian goddess shoes.
In the dream it doesn’t matter
that my lover’s friend is seeing my breasts.
I am not in the least bit self-conscious.
I am just dressing and undressing,
as if I were brushing my teeth,
and nothing more.
I am getting ready for something.
Some function
my mother will be at.
My hair is dark and long
and hangs about my waist
like poured chocolate.
My skin is so white,
so pale
I look like bread fresh out of the package,
untouched and malleable.
The two flit about the room
picking out blouses and skirts,
holding them up to me
imagining how I might look in each.
I am their doll,
their dress-up doll,
the one they never had when they were growing up
busy
playing with guns.
They stand and admire me,
their creation,
and nod in agreement.
Then the friend,
reaches in and touches my face.
His hand is cold on my skin.
He places a red ribbon in my hair
and drapes a pearl necklace around me,
adorning me
like a Christmas tree.

No comments: