Monday, October 13, 2008

bucket of bananas

I am leaping all over the page today
like a Mexican Jumping Bean stuck in a can.
I have been from one subject to the other,
one phone call to another.
I can’t seem to get centered.
Maybe because I didn’t sleep last night,
or maybe because I skipped meditation this morning.
Big mistake.
Tom Verlaine is staring at me
giving me that disapproving look he always gives me
when I can’t finish a song
and when I’ve let too many extraneous things get in my way.
Sorry, Tom.
I’d like to say it won’t happen again,
But I can’t.
I’m starting to see what I do.
Stating to see what actions and thoughts are leading me away
from where I say
I want to go.
I always thought my actions and words matched.
No.
My thoughts and actions match
and unfortunately my thoughts can’t be trusted.
My thoughts are like untrained monkeys
always pulling at me to come this way
or go that way.
No wonder I am confused.
It is time to tame the monkey mind
and stop listening.
Yes,
I must go buy a bucket of bananas
immediately.

No comments: